Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pretty Quiet On The Western Front

We have been busy playing 'catch up'. Catch up with friends and family and catch up with the dentist, the eye doctor.... you get the idea. Unfortunately, the dreadful Northwest Summer to Fall cold caught both of us. Me first and then Dave. It has kind of slowed down on the visiting because we don't want to share. Besides, we are using enough Kleenex between the two of us to keep the company in the black for several years!!!
Dave has recovered enough to visit with the 'Garage Gang' here at Forrest's. I have been doing a little visiting at my favorite local yarn shop and having a blast dyeing fiber and yarn out at Tory's house. This weekend she and Connie and I are going to do a 'hit and run' to Canby, Oregon for Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival..... I am mostly going for the 'friend time' which I just can't get enough of - I have to bank it for the winter you know!!
We've also been able to spend a little time with our daughter Katie and her friend Jon... finally got to meet his family last night- what a great, nice group of people! I am looking forward to getting to know them better, if not this trip then next summer when we will be in the area for most of the season.
There are still a few friends I haven't seen yet and hope to before we head south. The grey wet weather has encouraged Dave to make a plan for the route, and I must admit I am not fond of the cold weather either. It will be a little easier to go when I know we will be back in a few months...

No comments: